Food is our energy source, without food, we won’t survive! So eating is essential for human beings but; more of what you need is going to harm you.
How to avoid storing fats?
After eating, your body will digest the food, use it to feed the cells, and burn it as fuel.
Whatever is left after that process will be stored as fat in the body, every person is different regarding the area of storing the fat. That’s according to our genetics.
So the question is, How much food do we need per day to feed our cells and to avoid storing unwanted fats?
The very basic unit of calculating food called calorie, so we say how many calories I need per day, how many calories does this food item contains.
How do I calculate my daily calories?
Simple, the accurate way is to eat the same amount and type of food daily for two weeks and then you measure the changes whether you gained or lost weight. from that point, you will start increasing or decreasing according to your goals.
The easy way is to go online and calculate your calories automatically. this method is less accurate. You can use the link here.
Your eating patterns will define your lifestyle, picking up healthy choices will always benefit you in the short and long run.
What to consider while picking my food choices:
- Glycemic index. refers to as GI. This is how can this type of food affect your blood sugar level!
- There are food types that will increase your blood sugar significantly! While there are alternatives that will make you feel full but will not have that effect on your blood sugar. Check this list.
- Insulin. It is the most popular health issue that no one is paying attention to.
- Insulin collects the sugar from your blood and feeds your cells.
- For your cells to absorb sugars it needs insulin.
- More blood sugars mean more insulin. If the insulin levels keep on increasing your cells will stop responding to it as it’s full already! So insulin will take the extra sugar and store it as fat in your body! And here we start the journey of storing fats. read more about insulin.
- Your mood and appetite are so important here!
- Consider the food types you love. Accordingly, you will continue following the diet.
- Add a big portion of veggies.
- Veggies are loaded with nutrients, adding them is super healthy.
- Stop sugars now!
- Always focus on organic choices of sugars and always keep it controlled especially when you focus on losing weight.
- The fewer sugars you eat the more fat you burn of course while following a proper diet.
How to lose fat?
The best way to lose a tremendous amount of fat is to combine a Keto diet with intermittent fasting.
Carbohydrates will be digested and turn into sugars, your body will use that sugars to fuel up the cells with energy.
If you will eat more carbohydrates your body will store the extra sugars as fat!
Removing carbohydrates “Sugars” out of your diet will allow your body to use the excess storage of fats to fuel up. Accordingly fat will be your source of energy!
This is called ketosis which is the term that Keto diet name came from.
How to combine Intermittent fasting with Keto Diet to lose fat?
No sugars intake means low blood sugar level, which will decrease the levels of insulin.
In the absence of insulin, your growth hormone will increase in your body! One of its functions is to burn fat and to regenerates the cells and lots more.
Intermittent fasting. Will give your body the space to burn fat for energy as there is no food to be digested.
Basically, you eat for 8 hours and fast the rest of the other 24 hours. Or you start on a 12 to 12-hour basis.
Once your body adapted, you can increase the fasting hours to avoid dizziness.
Cutting carbs will allow your body to run on ketosis which is a fat-burning strategy as explained above.
During fasting you can take zero sugar drinks, vitamins and black coffee.
Does cardio and workout effects fat loss?
It is highly recommended to work out your heart and muscles daily as it will positively affect your health in general and fat loss in particular. How?
You need to achieve a specific heart rate to start losing fat, there is 3 Biochemical energy system “Adenosine triphosphate ATP” your body depends on to make movements.
- Creatine phosphate
- Anaerobic lactate “Glycogen and Oxygen”.
- Aerobic respiration.
Creatine phosphate is used for a range of 8 to 10 seconds, this is used when your muscles need a quick kick of power just like lifting something so heavy.
Anaerobic lactate “Glycogen and Oxygen” are used for a longer period than creatine, which can reach up to120 seconds, then you need to refill your Oxygen levels through the lungs, for the Glycogen, it will be stored in your muscles already but it will run out also within 60 minutes more or less. This is used for 100 meters runners for example.
Aerobic respiration is used for longer sessions such as Marathon or cycling, here the body will be using the stores of Glycogen to make energy plus, your existing fats. This can go on for hours. Here you will start losing fat!
Which supplements you should consider living healthier?
Vitamins and Minerals are essential, they strengthen and shore your bones, boost your immune system and convert food into energy, repair damaged cells, and play the main role in healing wounds.
Dietitians are focusing on include the essential vitamins within their Diet plans to guarantee the utmost performance of your body.
What are the essential vitamins and minerals:
- Multivitamins. Includes your daily vitamins in one tablet to support your diet by covering your daily needs of the essential vitamins.
- Vitamin D3. Supporting your bones is essential! D3 helps your body absorbing Calcium and Phosphorus on the side of many other benefits, read my article about Vitamin D3.
- Vitamin C. Repair all body tissues, support the functioning of the immune system, and maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth. Check this article.
- Magnesium. Is essential in almost hundreds of chemical reactions in the body, convert food into energy, create new protein blocks, repair DNA, and plays a major role in your nervous system.
- B Complex. B Vitamins have a great role in your health! Mainly on your energy system, brain function, and cell health. check this article.
- Omega 3. Lowers your blood pressure, reduces chances of heart attack and strokes, reduces the development of plaque in the arteries, and fighting inflammations.
Working out your muscles requires extra attention to your diet, especially your Macronutrients which are Protein, carbohydrates, and fats.
Which supplement should you use to build muscles?
- Whey protein. To support your protein daily intake as some of us can’t catch all the meals so we need to compensate with protein shakes. Either Isolated protein or protein powders that have Protein and Carbohydrates. Depends on your goal.
- Creatine monohydrate. First of all, Don’t be afraid of it! Many companies have used this formula due to the thousands of studies that prove its safety.
- Animal cuts. Many supplements in the market to cut fats but out of my personal experience, the Animal cut is the best supplement to shred knowing that it’s organic ingredients but have to follow a strict diet to see results. Read more.
- Animal Pak. As a bodybuilder you need more than a normal person, this product contains lots more than vitamins such as amino acids and other organic ingredients.
- L-Arginine. It’s a semi-essential Amino acid that plays a massive role in your bloodstream and immune system. Read more.
- If you are having a problem going into a deep sleep try to get some Melatonin it will help.
Thanks for reading and wishing you a life full of health.