Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps our bodies to well function, bones health and absorbing calcium and phosphorus is one of Vitamin D functions, our body produces it in the skin when we exposed to sunlight, so having a sunbath in the right time of the day is so important to keep us healthy and away of deficient.
Why we have Vitamin D deficiency and how to prevent it
According to studies of 2011, 41.6% of the American adults are deficient in the US to Vitamin D, and 82.1 for the African Americans, this number varies due to multi reasons, Diet, atmosphere, daily routine and skin color as the dark skin color are not absorbing the sun rays as efficient as non-dark skin.
So we reached out to the point of why we have D deficiency, i will mention the most common reasons below:
- Not getting enough exposure to sunlight.
- Having sunblock almost always when going out.
- not eating enough of Vitamin D sources.
How to prevent the Deficiency:
- exposing to sunlight at the right time of the day.
- includes vitamin D food sources.
- following the right diet and supplementation.
Sources of foods and supplements of vitamin D:
- Fish oil and oily fish include Salmon, Sardin, canned tuna, and Herring.
- Egg yolk.
- Liver or cod liver oil.
- Dietary supplements.
I wanted to mention that food is not enough when it comes to Vitamin D3 and Vitamin B12, we need to have a sunbath, going out and expose to the sun, take supplements and maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to reach the daily dose of 10 – 20 Micro Gram which is 1000 – 4000 International Unit.
Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency:
Before talking about the deficiency, we need to know that any shortage of any vitamin or mineral in our system is harmful at some point, so we cannot focus on one vitamin and ignore the other as all of these vitamins are working together like a chain, any shortage in any vitamin will cause the tiredness and deficits.
- Fatigue, exhausted, and tired.
- Bones pain, back, and lower back especially. Vitamin D keeps our bones healthy so any shortage will lead to bone pain in the long term, not too long actually.
- Mood changes and Depression. Studies showed that both are linked together and other studies showed the opposite but, when you think about it you will find that if your bones harming, you are exhausted and tired for sure you will have mood changes and depression so I believe it’s linked due to this reason.
- Wound healing took long.
- Bone and hair loss.
- Muscles pain.
Most doctors are prescribing D3 while others prescribing D2, what is the difference, is it really matters?
First of all, always follow your doctor advise as they knows the most, I will explain to you the difference so you will be aware of it.
There are two types of sources for Vitamin D, D2 which is coming from plant sources and not produced in the human skin while D3 is coming from animal sources and it’s produced in the human skin by exposing to the sun also, D3 is more likely to improve the status of Vitamin D in the body so it’s more effective than D2 that’s why D3 ranked above D2.
Avoid D3 deficiency by taking the best Vitamin D3 supplements.
I have done the researches for the best D3 supplements and come up with great results based on customer rating, Nature Made has produced the best D3 vitamin out there based on the new FDA regulations with a low dose of 25 MCG per capsule, maintaining healthy bones and supporting the immune system.
NOW FOOD, as usual, produced an amazing products, low price, high quality, and available everywhere in the market, one soft gel daily can protect your bones and keep your immune system on top. I used it personally.